5.Accessibility of the unified information system of water resources
|Commitment Start and End Date:||11.2018 - 08.2020|
|Lead implementing agency:||Ministry of Environment|
|Person responsible from implementing agency:||Artyom Mikhitaryan|
|Title, Department:||Acting Head of the Department for Licenses, Permits and Compliance|
Other actors involved
Other state actors involved
Cadastre Committee, Ministry of High-Tech Industry, Ministry of Territorial Administration and Infrastructure
Civil society, private sector
Related Non-governmental organisations
Issue subject to regulation
- updating the State Water Cadastre program;
- establishing contacts between the available databases within interested organizations and the database of the Water Resources Management Agency of the Ministry of Environment of the Republic of Armenia by providing complete information on the water resources
- raise the level of effectiveness of regulation of water resources management by ensuring stable use of water resources in terms of environmental protection and economy;
- raising the level of public awareness and participation in the process of providing permits for water use in the field of water resources.
Brief description of commitment
Water Resources Management Agency of the Ministry of Environment of the Republic of Armenia maintains the State Water Cadastre which is an information system. Activities are currently carried out for updating the State Water Cadastre and after the update, the complete data of the State Water Cadastre, except for information constituting official, commercial, and any other secret protected by law, will be posted on the relevant website which all legal and natural persons may make use of free of charge. At the same time, in case of ensuring the relevant program, it will also be possible to electronically perform the function of issuing permits for water use.
OGP challenge addressed by the commitment
Improving public services, enhancing public integrity, access to information.
Relevance to OGP values
Creating and introducing the unified information system on water resources will serve, in terms of access to information, as a major impetus for improving transparency of the sector and provision of public services.
- introducing more transparent and effective mechanisms for the provision of information on water resources;
- risk management and reduction of administration;
- ensuring public participation in the process of solving the issues of management of water resources.
6.Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for everyone